At Seydel, our environmental commitment has never been stronger, and our paper coatings and corrugated additives are having a major impact in reducing and/or eliminating waste for our customers, our suppliers as well as the end-users.
Boxes, food containers and packaging made with our products are 100% recyclable. We use recycled PET (polyethylene terephthalate) and naturally occurring oleos (fats and oils) to create barrier coatings, corrugated additives, impregnators, binders and adhesives for the paper and packaging industry. We pioneered this technology over two decades ago and have been refining it ever since.
- Are FDA approved for both direct and indirect food contact
- Achieve a high degree of water repellency and form a oil/grease barrier
- Can be used with curtain coater, rod coater, air knife, size press, water box and impregnator
- Are low cost, especially when total life cycle of the packaging is considered.
Boxes treated with our products:
- Weigh less than wax treated boxes, while providing improved strength and durability
- Hold graphics and labels
- Stack squarely, and do not experience slippage during transport
- Are 100% recyclable
Thanks to our products, major retailers, grocery chains, coffee houses and fast food outlets are benefiting by not incurring expensive disposal costs for paraffin treated boxes and other packaging, while reducing the burden on landfills and preserving precious natural resources.